Thursday, July 24, 2008

Holy Cow, I'm a Cow

Ok, for those of you who don't know me well, if you google the words "pack rat" you are bound to find a picture of me in some of the posts. I will say I have only known one person to keep more stuff than me, and one of my children is named after her. She was like a grandmother to me and I looked to her for advice on many things, however, being a pack rat was not one of them, but I think it just rubbed off onto me!

What does that have to do with being a cow??? Good question. So today I found an OLD calendar (with really cute pictures of Angels in it) and photo of me from my jr. high track days. I remember being thin but not how hard I worked at it. For example:


Here is what a saturday in my life when I was skinny looked like:
Wake up @ 7:00
Stretch till 7:30
run 7:30-8:30
walk 8:30-8:45
Stretch 8:45-9:00
Work out video 8-9 pm
tredmil 9-9:30
In bed by 10.


Here is a calendar day from a random summer Friday
5:00 wake up
5:20 Stretch
5:30 use stationary bike
6:30-7 situps
7-7:30 lunges and squats
10:30 walk to the mall
11-5 work
7-7:30 pm situps.

Reading that I can remember that I would watch tv on a stationary bike in my parent's room, do sit ups during commercial breaks and omg did I watch my food labels.

Why did I do all that??? Another great question. Well, my entire family has struggled with weight issues, some more than others. I was scared to death to look like I do TODAY :( I was hell bent on making sure I was never heavy. I am sad to say that the girl I was in Jr High and High School, would be lecturing my ass to the gym and back 30 times a day.

I have working at losing some of this baby weight. I am going to the track 5 days a week, and am getting in a minimum of 3 miles each time and once and a while (if I go in the morning) I will ride my bike there. I am eating less, but still have bad habits. I play Wii fit (so much fun).

So here I sit all mad at myself for being fat... hmmmmm I guess I should go do 30 minutes of sit ups and get off my tail! The Jr. high track photo is now on my fridge and hopefully it will motivate me to do better.

Before I get movin' I do want to mention that I am proud to say that my brother has conquered most of his weight issues and looks amazing. I am so darn impressed that he took the steps necessary to get his life back, and to be healthy. I am also proud that my sister has been very dedicated to the gym and getting healthy and has lost most of her baby weight. Hopefully they will kick my ass and get me in gear. I don't wanna be the fat kid of the family, hopefully soon our family won't have any fat kids! (Do you hear the inspirational music drowning out my words?)


1 comment:

CARLY said...

You just made me want to NOT eat because I'm fat too.... I feel very much the same way... minus the whole "I used to exercise part." -- I just need to lose weight. I wish we could work out together and motivate each other!!!