Monday, July 28, 2008

It's Monday

My goodness, this weekend was crazy. So my dad came to town to surprise my brother and that all went real well. Saturday night we went to this great Greek restaurant and had dinner and some entertainment. Poor Raul is not into Greek food and he took the night off to go, so on our way home we got him his favorite gourmet meal at McDonalds. The restaurant was very cool, other than the fact that it was incredibly LOUD. The place was pretty small and there was a live band and of course a dance floor. Towards the end of dinner a belly dancer came out and was dancing, she did a good job; however, she startled me. She was singling people out and dancing around them for tips and stuff, then she clanks her hand cymbals on either side of my head (I hate loud noises right at my head) so I look to the left and I see a whole lot of boob in my face and turned my head back and couldn't stop laughing, I laughed so hard I was crying. Then she went up to my brother (who is recently bald by choice) and rubbed his head for good luck, but he wasn't enjoying her belly dancing and wasn't thrilled. Poor dancer didn't get any tips from our table. We left before they did that big Greek circle dance, but we did see some people break plates. $2.00 to break a plate, they have not met my family, we break plates at home for free (well free until we have to replace the set.) lol. It was a really nice time.

We had a babysitter for Saturday night. Then yesterday morning Heidi and I got up and made a home made carrot cake and cream cheese frosting from scratch. YUMMY! There is so much left over frosting, and it would be like a sin to throw it away! After making the cake we went to my mom's community pool to go swimming. Julie was swimming between my brother and Raul quite a bit. It was quite impressive, no floaties. Then back to moms to relax and hang out.

My sister and her family had to head back to Tucson last night, something about working and needing to make some money and bills, who knows lol. Boy did we trick her we packed a bag and stowed Heidi away. Vikki thinks it's a good thing for Heidi to come hang out for a week. You know, she is so helpful with the kids. Then I got a call on her way to work this morning...
"HEIDI HAD US ALL UP AT 5:00 AM!!!!!!!!" Well the real story is Axel woke up and needed to go potty and Heidi used her excited voice she uses when Julie needs to go, and that woke Axel all the way up, and then Vik couldn't go back to sleep either.

Right now other than Raul yelling at Julie for tearing apart the kitchen, our house is pretty quiet. Time to go clean something!!!

Mouse

1 comment:

CARLY said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend with your Dad and other family. That's so great!! Do you have any pictures to share?? I hope Heidi has fun at her aunt's house! Too bad she woke the house up at 5 a.m. LOL