Friday, July 25, 2008

My dad and arts n' crafts n' stuff

Another GREAT day. Before we get to the arts and crafts let me tell you about the rest of my day (since the arts and crafts were done a few days ago lol) My dad came into town this morning!!! I was so stinking excited. Yes, I just saw him in May for my graduation, but we miss him so much. The only thing that would have been better is if his wife could have come as well, she is always so much fun, but someone's gotta work, right? Anyhow, I managed to keep this a secret for almost a week. Why the secret? Well, my brother turns 30 on Sunday and my dad thought it would be really fun to surprise him, he was trying to wait till his party on Saturday night, but I don't think Heidi can keep her mouth shut that long, so Heidi called and said she had a surprise package at our house and it's BIG. Hopefully he will stop by on his way home from work. But it would be fun to wait till the party too. I really hope my brother is as excited by this as I am. Also, last night I booked tickets to go see my dad in Oct. Sun Country airlines ran a special that it would be $200 round trip per person, well Julie and Travis still fly free, so that is three tickets to buy. If we had gotten the same trip on US Airways one person would fly for the price of the three of us! WOOHOOO! We will be there for Heidi's birthday. Ok so onto the arts and crafts. There is this great gal who makes cloth diapers who lives in Northern AZ. (If you are interested go to www.daribums.com and make sure to tell her that Marci sent you!) I wanted to have more embroidered diapers so I asked Rikki if she could send me fabric cuts and I would embroider my diapers and send them back, so guess what... they are all done. I keep forgetting to go to the post office and send them back though :( I will make sure I get there tomorrow. I am so excited to have these fabric cuts transform into diapers. I know what you are all thinking, cloth diapers YUCK, but you are so wrong, they are so darn CUTE! Take a look at my embroidery. What do you think?







1 comment:

CARLY said...

Oh, Marci, I just LOVE the embroidery. You did such a great job!!! And yay for your Dad arriving safely!!! I hope you have an awesome visit with him!